KA-WOOD GEAR & MACHINE CO. is a leader of gear manufacturing in the machine tool industry. The Company was established in 1920 by Joseph J. Kloka and Alfred Underwood, with the last syllable of their last names comprising the Ka-Wood company name. The Company was founded in Detroit, MI and was originally located in a two car garage.
In 1941, the company moved into a 3,300 sq. ft. building in Detroit, MI.
In 1981, Joseph J. Kloka III, took ownership of the company and moved to a 9,000 sq. ft. building located in Madison Heights, MI.
In 1994, the Company built and moved into a 20,000 sq. ft. state of the art manufacturing facility in Madison Heights, MI. In 2008, we expanded to 23,000 sq. ft. due to the increase in our business and new equipment acquisitions.